Discover More About
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy the Barmby Moor Group of Churches is committed to:
- Promoting a safer environment and culture.
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others. If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of or is being abused, or presents a risk to others, please seek guidance from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Services or the Police without delay by telephoning 101
More information on the Church of England’s approach to safeguarding can be found on the Diocese of York Website at https://dioceseofyork.org.uk/safeguarding
Local contacts available to speak to if you have any concerns
|Parish Safeguarding Representative – Andrea Bland
|Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser - Julie O’Hara
||Telephone 01904 699524
Other Useful Numbers
|Local Authority Social Services
||Telephone 01482 395500
||0808 800 5000
||0808 800 2222
||0800 11 11
|National Domestic Violence Helpline
||0808 2000 247
|Stop it now
||0808 1000 900
|Action on Elder Abuse
||0808 808 8141
||0808 801 0331